The 13 Best Horror Stories of All Time is an anthology edited by Leslie Pockell. It was published originally in 2002 by Grand Central Publishing.
The stories that comprise this collection will surprise the reader even after numerous readings. They reflect innermost fears and head for spaces where reality is blurred by imagination, where insanity and madness are shrouded in mystery and where humanity is haunted by repressed passion and obsession.
- The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
- Green Tea by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- The Bottle Imp by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Great God Pan by Arthur Machen
- Dracula's Guest by Bram Stoker
- The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs
- Oh, Whistle and I'll Come to You, My Lad by M. R. James
- The Country of the Blind by H. G. Wells
- The Willows by Algernon Blackwood
- The Beckoning Fair One by Oliver Onions
- The Call of Cthulhu by H. P. Lovecraft
- The Lottery by Shirley Jackson